***Important infomation about 2018 1098-T Forms: Please note that students who did not have SSN information on our system by 12/31/18 will not receive a 1098-T for the 2018 tax year. See information below on how to get set up for 2019 tax year and beyond.
ASC success is evidenced by a continuing commitment to the program by the university and the high schools, by requests for expansion into a variety of disciplines, by the academic success of students involved in ASC courses, and by a high level of satisfaction expressed by students, faculty and administrators. Maximum of 18 credits per term. Please read Important Note About Student Privacy in paragraph after the links.
2018-19 Advanced Southern Credit Online Enrollment
Two-Step Process: REGISTRATION FORM & ONLINE PAYMENT
Spring term registration is now open. Deadline for enrollment form and payment is Monday April 22nd.
- 2018 - 2019 Instructions for Enrollment. Also includes detailed payment, tax, and course-drop information.
- Course List of Spring 2019 classes to help complete the Enrollment Form
- Enrollment form for online registration. When completing this form, please include valid email addresses that are checked often as well as phone numbers where we can reach you in case there is a problem with your enrollment or payment.
- Pay online with Visa or Mastercard.
- Tax Form W-9S. See Important Tax Information below to get set up to receive a 1098-T in the future.
- Waiver Program- Students who are on Free/Reduced Price Meal ("Free/Reduced Lunch") status may register ONLINE for one class (including lab if applicable) for $43, equivalent to the cost of one credit. SOU will contact your school to confirm that status before we can register you. See Instructions for further details. Exception to Waiver Program: Registrations for Medford School District students who qualify for free/reduced meals will be paid for through Medford School District scholarships.
Demographic Data Collection: State law requires that SOU provide students the OPTIONAL opportunity to disclose gender identity and sexual orientation information. We are also collecting data on first generation status, ethnicity, and race for institutional research and statistical purposes. All demographic questions have "prefer not to answer" as an option, and responses we receive from you will be kept completely confidential and subject to FERPA laws.
Important Note about Student Privacy: Once a student registers for credit at Southern Oregon University, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) provides that student with certain rights with respect to the privacy of their records, regardless of the age of the student. SOU employees are bound to honor those rights and cannot provide unauthorized persons (including a parent) access to the student’s record such as grades, transcripts, number of credits, classes taken, charges billed, or payments made, unless the student completes and submits a FERPA Release Form to us. Therefore, to keep paperwork and parental frustration to a minimum, we request that all enrolled students take full ownership of their status as non-admitted SOU students, including ordering transcripts, adding or dropping courses if necessary, and contacting us directly with any questions.
Important Tax Information: SOU does not require the disclosure of the student's Social Security Number (SSN) on the Enrollment Form. However, we must have the student's SSN for reporting qualified tuition through the 1098-T form as outlined in the Internal Revenue Code section 6050S. If you haven't previously submitted a W-9S form to us, student should complete Part I only of the W-9S tax form at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9s.pdf by entering the student's name and SSN. Print and return the W-9S form to SOU Business Services attn: Tina Cripe, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland OR 97520.
About the Program
For more information, please watch our our video that showcases the dual credit opportunities for high school students to earn early college credit through SOU's Advanced Southern Credit and RCC's College Now Programs:
The ASC courses are taught at the individual high schools by high school instructors. Since these courses are "sponsored" by the participating high school, SOU is able to reduce the normal tuition fee by a considerable amount. The tuition for an ASC course is currently $43 per credit hour. Considering that a 2018-19 state funded four-credit undergraduate course's tuition can be over $1,000, ASC offers substantial savings to the student. Maximum of 18 credits per term.
The SOU Division of Outreach and Engagement, Pre-College staff with cooperation from participating schools and instructors will administer registrations, tuition payments, processing of submitted grades, course withdrawals/tuition refunds and calendar issues. Any questions related to Advanced Southern Credit Issues should be directed to email@example.com, (541) 552-6452 or (541) 552-6899.