2020-21 Advanced Southern Credit (ASC) Online Enrollment
Winter term registration OPEN NOW!
Registration Closes February 8, 2021
The registration process uses a system where student will create an account online with valid email address. You'll be able to register and pay at the same time per the registration steps listed below.
If you need any assistance, please email the Youth Programs office at email@example.com. Do NOT call the SOU IT Help Desk.
First-time users of the registration system:
- Student selects "Create New User Account". Please use a valid email address that is not tied to your school, along with a password you'll remember.
- Select "Register for Advanced Southern Credit"
- The system will prompt you through the form (see "Next" on bottom right corner of screen), starting with high school information. As you progress you will enter course(s) and lab(s) as applicable (if you select a course that has a lab attached, an additional tab will appear with the related lab that you must select).
- You will be prompted to enter student profile information, including guardian and demographic information
- Review, sign consent form, and pay online with a Visa or Mastercard. If you have obtained a scholarship from a school or other organization, you'll be able to enter that information on the Payment tab and submit form with no payment.
- If you ever need to login again later to the account you created, just click the "Account Login" box on the login screen.
Returning users of the registration system:
If you had previously registered for ASC during or after Fall 2019, please click the "Account Login" button on the login screen and follow steps 2-5 above to register for Winter term.
- ASC Instructions, Registration Details, and Policies
- ASC Winter 2021 Course List
- Ordering or Viewing Your Transcript
Tuition and Waiver Eligibility
The ASC courses are taught at the individual high schools by high school instructors. Because the approved ASC high school instructor is paid by the high school, not the university, students receive a significant tuition reduction. The tuition for an ASC course is currently $45 per credit hour. Considering that a 2020-21 state funded four-credit undergraduate course's tuition can be over $1,000, ASC offers substantial savings to the student. Maximum of 18 credits per term.
Students who are in the Free/Reduced Price Lunch Program may register online for ONE course per term (including lab if applicable) for $45, equivalent to the cost of one credit. Waiver slots are granted on a first-come/first-served basis. SOU will contact your school to confirm your Free/Reduced Meal status before we can register you.
Registrations for Medford School District students who qualify for free/reduced meals will be paid for through Medford School District scholarships.
Demographic Data Collection
State law requires that SOU provide students the OPTIONAL opportunity to disclose gender identity and sexual orientation information. We are also collecting data on first generation status, ethnicity, and race for institutional research and statistical purposes. All demographic questions have "prefer not to answer" as an option, and responses we receive from you will be kept completely confidential and subject to FERPA laws.
Important Note about Student Privacy
Once a student registers for credit at Southern Oregon University through the ASC Program, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) provides that student with certain rights with respect to the privacy of their records, regardless of the age of the student. SOU employees are bound to honor those rights and cannot provide unauthorized persons (including a parent) access to the student’s record such as grades, transcripts, number of credits, classes taken, charges billed, or payments made, unless the student completes and submits a FERPA Release Form to us. Therefore, to keep paperwork and parental frustration to a minimum, we request that all enrolled students take full ownership of their status as non-admitted SOU students, including ordering transcripts, adding or dropping courses if necessary, and contacting us directly with any questions.
SOU does not require the disclosure of the student's Social Security Number (SSN) on the Registration Form. If you wish to receive a 1098-T as outlined in the IRS Code section 6050S, we must have the student's SSN for reporting qualified tuition. If you haven't previously submitted a W-9S form to us, student should complete Part I only of the W-9S tax form by entering the student's name and SSN. This form only needs to be filled out once in the time a student is taking ASC courses. Print and return the W-9S form to SOU Business Services attn: Tina Cripe, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland OR 97520. Please note that SOU and/or SOU Youth Programs cannot give tax advice. Please seek the assistance of your tax professional.
About the Program
For more information, please watch our our video that showcases the dual credit opportunities for high school students to earn early college credit through SOU's Advanced Southern Credit and RCC's College Now Programs:
Click here to view our ASC FAQ page.
Learn more about Early College Credit.
Stay in Touch!
The SOU Pre-College Youth Programs staff with cooperation from participating schools and instructors coordinate registrations, tuition payments, processing of submitted grades, course withdrawals/tuition refunds and calendar issues.