- How do I get my grades?
- How do I get my transcripts?
- When is my bill due?
- Am I eligible for a refund?
- What happens if I do not have my high school's Early Entry counselor sign my SOU registration form?
- What if I am Home Schooled?
- What about Placement Tests?
- When can I register for my "college high" course(s)?
How do I get my grades?
To view or print an unofficial transcript with grades
Students can view their grades via the internet where it is possible to print an unofficial transcript.
1. Go to the SOU home page at inside.sou.edu
2. At the top of the page is a link to "Inside SOU". Hit the link but do not attempt to sign in.
3. Look down the page to find the "!Former Students and Employees" section in grey.
4. Click “SIGN IN” at the bottom of that grey section.
5. You will now be on the page to log in.
6. You will input your Student ID Number (or your Social Security Number) and a PIN Number which is set to your birth date. Do not use dashes or slashes in your birth date or Social Security Number.
Student ID: 555667777
You will need to change this PIN for security reasons the first time you log in. Just follow the instructions on the screen. Please make a note of your new PIN. If you should lose this number you will hit the “Forgot Pin" button. This will reset your password to your birth date. If this doesn't work, contact SOU Pre-College Youth Programs at 552-6452 or 552-6899 to have your PIN reset.
7. Go to the Student tab. Then go to Student Records, followed by Academic Transcript. For Transcript Level and Type, choose “All Levels” and “SOU Unofficial Transcript” respectively. Hit submit. You can now view your records and print them.
To Order an Official Transcript to send to other academic institutions
1. Only students can order an official transcript.
2. You will need your SOU ID (or SSN if it is on record) to order a transcript.
3. Transcript orders must be ordered in person or through the link on the SOU Enrollment Services website at: inside.sou.edu/enrollment/forms/transcripts.html. Click the “Former Students, Alumni and students in high school programs” link to order online. Once there, follow the New User instructions.
4. The cost to order a transcript in person or online is $10.
5. Walk-in orders may be made at the Enrollment Services Center located in Britt Hall on the Ashland Campus and at the Welcome Desk at the Higher Education Center at 101 S. Bartlett Street in Medford. Students must bring a photo ID when requesting transcripts.
6. If you have any questions regarding transcripts, contact the SOU Enrollment Services Center at 541-552- 6600 or SOU Youth Programs at 541-552-6452 or 541-552-6899.
When is my bill due?
Am I eligible for a refund?
You are eligible for a refund if you drop your class/es by the following dates:
- For 100% tuition refund you must drop before October 9, 2017. No refunds after this date.
- Last day to drop without being responsible for a grade is October 20, 2017.
What happens if I do not have my high school’s Early Entry counselor sign my SOU registration form?
Should you turn in a SOU registration form to DCE staff members without first getting your counselor’s signature, DCE will be unable to process your registration. You must have your counselor’s approval in order to participate in the Early Entry Program.
What if I am Home Schooled?
Home Schooled Students will need to meet with Stephanie Butler, our SOU High School Coordinator to determine readiness to enroll in a college level course. Please call 541-552-6916 to make an appointment.
What about Placement Tests?
Some subjects, like Foreign Language courses and Mathematics course require either placement tests or proof that you have done the required prerequisites. Click here for information (in right side box) about Foreign Language or Mathematics placement testing.
When can I register for my Early Entry course(s)?
Early Entry students may register anytime after the announced preregistration date for an upcoming term for Non-Admitted students and the start of the term. This is now two weeks before the term starts. Your may call 552-6452 or 552-6899 for the exact dates. For the best course selection options we recommend registering as early as possible.