Friday, July 28 - August 5, 2017
Academia Latina Leadership will offer a broad range of courses, lectures, cultural experiences,and recreational activities focused on leadership and the development of an effective leader. Thegoal of this program is to foster Latino youth leaders and create positive role models. Students selected will live for a week on campus at Southern Oregon University in Ashland. They will interact with other Latino students from throughout southern Oregon.
Application Form [fillable PDF] coming soon!
- Must have attended Academia Latina
- Must have completed 10th or 11th grade
- GPA: 3.25 or higher
- 3 recommendation letters
- 2 Academic (teacher/counselor)
- 1 Community leader
- Essay # 1 – Why are you interested in participating in Academia Latina Leadership? (250 words)
- Essay # 2 – How has your heritage hindered/helped your view of education?
How will you be able to impact younger generations? (500 words)
- If selected, interview with committee
Personal Characteristic Requirements
Academia Latina Leadership is looking for high-energy participants who find working with young people stimulating and fun. We are also looking for students that have a special interest in social justice, leadership and social change.
For more information contact: