Friday, July 28 - Saturday, August 5, 2017
Academia Latina Leadership is an extension of Academia Latina. This program began in 2013 with the goal of developing our youth as leaders. Academia Leadership is a 9-day summer residential program for Latino youth in southern Oregon completing grades 10 through 11. The program will offer a broad range of courses, lectures, cultural experiences, and recreational activities focused on leadership and the development of an effective leader. The goal of this program is to foster Latino youth leaders and create positive role models.
- Must have completed 10th or 11th grade
- GPA: 3.25 or higher
- 3 recommendation letters (Letters must be written by teacher/community leader)
- 2 Academic (teacher/counselor)
- 1 Community leader
- Essay # 1 – Why are you interested in participating in Academia Latina Leadership? (250 words)
- Essay # 2 – How has your heritage hindered/helped your view of education?
How will you be able to impact younger generations? (500 words)
- If selected, interview with committee
Academia Latina Leadership is looking for high-energy participants who find working with young people stimulating and fun. We are also looking for students that have a special interest in social justice, leadership and social change.
Personal Characteristic Requirements
Program BrochuresAcademia Leadership 2017 Brochure (English PDF)
Academia Leadership 2017 Brochure (Spanish PDF)
For more information contact:
Jonathan Chavez Baez
Coordinator for Minority Outreach Programs