A camp at the Oregon Coast for ages 10-13
NEW! 2017 Spring Break Session: Monday, March 27 - Thursday, March 30
Summer Session I: August 21–24
Summer Session II: August 26-29
Fee: $595.00 2017 Brochure [PDF]
2017 Registration Now Open!
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration should be completed online. You will be prompted to create an account. Use an email address that you check often, as this is how we will communicate with you about the status of your registration and will collect necessary authorizations and health information once you've been accepted.
- You will be asked whether you want to purchase a protection plan. This protection plan is not through SOU and IS NOT REQUIRED. You may decline.
- Once you select your Sea Camp session from the menu of camp options and accept or decline the protection plan you will be told you are registered. Once registered please follow the prompts to complete your registration form.
- When finished registering, visit our Payment Information page to see tuition payment options.
- REGISTRATION IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS AND SPACE IS LIMITED.
- START YOUR APPLICATION HERE.
2017 will mark the 20th Anniversary of SEA CAMP of Oregon!
SEA CAMP of Oregon was first established in 1997 with the goal of offering students a hands-on experience in marine biology and science. Southern Oregon University Youth Programs and the Oregon Institute for Marine Biology (OIMB) have worked together to create an environment where students can learn more about the wonders of our oceans and coastlines.
SEA CAMP of Oregon is a residential camp held at the Oregon coast in the town of Charleston just south of Coos Bay. Students meet at Southern Oregon University where they board the SEA CAMP vans and travel to the coast.They then spend the next three days and three nights exploring the wonders of the marine and estuarine environments by hiking, observing marine mammals, tide pooling, and taking classes in marine biology. As a SEA CAMP student, you have full access laboratory facilities, hands-on experiences and adventures, and a professional staff that will enable you to learn about the ocean in new and exciting ways. Plus you will have fun on the beach!
Activities may include:
- Laboratory classes with sharks, bony fishes, mammals, and invertebrates
- Tidepooling at Sunset Bay
- Seal and sea lion viewing
- Marine biology videos, slides, and contests
- Visits to Coast Guard Station and Shore Acres Botanical Gardens and Beach
- Beach campfire and games