**Please note that these steps are intended for current and former high school students who participated in one or both of our early college credit programs, Advanced Southern Credit (ASC) and Early Entry (EE). If you did not participate in our programs but took SOU courses, visit SOU's transcript request page**

What are transcripts? Which kind do I need? 

A transcript is a document that provides an inventory of courses and grades earned by a student throughout their time at any given University or College. There are 2 types of transcripts: official and unofficial.

Official transcripts are those that are generated and sent as a sealed document from a University directly to another University or College or funding entity. They are official University documents and are signed off by a University representative. Official copies usually have a fee involved. You would need an Official Copy if you are a graduated high school senior sending your transcripts to a College, University, or Trade School after high school. You may also need official copies for scholarships, depending on what the funder requests. Be sure to first view your unofficial transcript before you order an official copy sent to anyone

Unofficial transcripts are those that can be viewed, downloaded, or printed at any time. You would want to view this before ordering any official copies sent. If you are interested in a personal copy of your transcript for your records, or just want to check what grades you received, an Unofficial copy is available to you any time after your registration is complete.