**Please note that these steps are intended for current and former high school students who participated in one or both of our early college credit programs, Advanced Southern Credit (ASC) and Early Entry (EE). If you did not participate in our programs but took SOU courses, please visit this link to order transcripts**
What are transcripts? Which kind do I need?
A transcript is a document that provides an inventory of courses and grades earned by a student throughout their time at any given University or College. There are 2 types of transcripts: official and unofficial.
Official transcripts are those that are generated and sent as a sealed document from a University directly to another University or College or funding entity. They are official University documents and are signed off by a University representative. Official copies usually have a fee involved. You would need an Official Copy if you are a graduated high school senior sending your transcripts to a College, University, or Trade School after high school. You may also need official copies for scholarships, depending on what the funder requests. Be sure to first view your unofficial transcript before you order an official copy sent to anyone.
Unofficial transcripts are those that can be viewed, downloaded, or printed at any time. You would want to view this before ordering any official copies sent. If you are interested in a personal copy of your transcript for your records, or just want to check what grades you received, an Unofficial copy is available to you any time after your registration is complete.
Before ordering and paying for your Official Transcript, we strongly suggest that you first view your Unofficial Transcript. The reason this is important is to check that all your grades are showing and are accurate prior to sending this to anyone. Please be aware that grades for Winter and Spring terms won't be entered by your instructor until the end of the school year. Also, even though a grade may be entered for a Spring course, it will not be available on a transcript until after SOU's final grades post in late June, so please time your order accordingly.
1. Only students can order an official transcript per Federal Law, FERPA.
2. You will need your SOU ID (or SSN if it is on record) to order a transcript. If you registered as a high school student for college credit anytime after Fall 2019, your SOU ID will be located on our Youth Programs registration system. To access, login at https://apps.ideal-logic.com/sououtreach and click "Profile" in the upper right hand corner. On the left-side set of tabs click "View Profile". Your SOU ID number, starting with "940", appears on the last line of the screen. Student may also call us at 541-552-6899, 541-552-6452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain that SOU ID number. After obtaining your student ID number, proceed to the next step below. Please note that due to privacy law FERPA, we cannot provide that information to a parent/guardian.
3. After obtaining your student ID number, go to this link located on SOU's Raider Student Services Website: https://inside.sou.edu/enrollment/forms/transcripts.html. Click the “Parchment for Former Students, Alumni and High School Programs” link to order online. Once there, follow the New User instructions to create a new account through the site, Parchment, which is the 3rd party service used to request transcripts through SOU. Follow the prompts on the page. Here is where you will enter the student ID. (Note: upon the question of "degree sought?" ASC students should answer "non-admit.")
4. Transcripts start at $10 depending on method and speed of delivery.
5. Walk-in orders may be made at the Raider Student Services located in the Computer Services building on the Ashland Campus. Open walk-in hours vary so please check their hours before stopping by. Students must bring a photo ID when requesting transcripts.
6.If you have trouble loading the unofficial transcript, please reach out to us 541-552-6452 and we'd be happy to help you. If you have any questions regarding transcripts, contact the SOU Raider Student Services at 541-552-6600 or SOU Youth Programs at 541-552-6452.