**Please note that these steps are intended for current and former high school students who participated in one or both of our dual enrollment programs, Advanced Southern Credit (ASC) and Early Entry (EE). If you did not participate in our programs but took SOU courses, please visit this link to order transcripts**
What are transcripts? Which kind do I need?
A transcript is a document that provides an inventory of courses and grades earned by a student throughout their time at any given University or College. There are 2 types of transcripts, official and unofficial.
Official transcripts are those that are generated and sent from a University directly to another University or College. They are official University documents and are signed off by a University representative. Official copies usually have a fee involved. You would need an Official Copy if you are a graduating high school senior and you are wanting to go to a College, University or Trade School after high school. You may also need one for scholarship granting purposes. Be sure to view your unofficial transcript before you order an official copy.
Unofficial transcripts are those that can be viewed, downloaded or printed at any time. You would want to view this before ordering anything official. If you are interested in a personal copy of your transcript for your records or just want to know what grades you received, an Unofficial copy is most likely enough.
Before ordering and paying for your Official Transcript, we strongly suggest that you first view your Unofficial Transcript. The reason this is important is because grades are entered by the high school instructors to the SOU system, but sometimes that process gets delayed or forgotten, resulting in a transcript with Missing grades getting sent to your selected institutions. If you have trouble loading this, please reach out to us and we'd be happy to help you.
1. Only students can order an official transcript per Federal Law, FERPA.
2. You will need your SOU ID (or SSN if it is on record) to order a transcript. If you registered for an ASC class during or after Fall 2019, or registered for a class through our EE program during or after Fall 2020, your SOU ID will be located on our Youth Programs registration system. To access, login at https://apps.ideal-logic.com/sououtreach and click "Profile" in the upper right hand corner. On the left-side set of tabs click "View Profile". Your SOU ID number, starting with "940", appears on the last line of the screen. Student may also call us at 541-552-6899, 541-552-6452 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain that SOU ID number. After obtaining your student ID number, proceed to the next step below. Please note that due to privacy law FERPA, we cannot provide that information to a parent/guardian.
3. After obtaining your student ID number, go to this link located on SOU's Raider Student Services Website: https://inside.sou.edu/enrollment/forms/transcripts.html. Click the “Parchment for Former Students, Alumni and High School Programs” link to order online. Once there, follow the New User instructions to create a new account through the site, Parchment, which is the 3rd party service used to request transcripts through SOU. Follow the prompts on the page. Here is where you will enter the student ID. (Note: upon the question of "degree sought?" ASC students should answer "non-admit.")
4. Transcripts start at $10 depending on method and speed of delivery.
5. Walk-in orders may be made at the Raider Student Services located in the Computer Services building on the Ashland Campus. Open walk-in hours vary so please check their hours before stopping by. Students must bring a photo ID when requesting transcripts.
6. If you have any questions regarding transcripts, contact the SOU Raider Student Services at 541-552-6600 or SOU Youth Programs at 541-552-6452.