Southern Oregon University is host of the annual César E. Chávez Leadership Conference. The conference is a gathering of Latinx high school students/leaders from Jackson, Josephine and Klamath county high schools. The goal of the day-long César E. Chávez Leadership Conference is to increase Latinx high school students’ preparation to become leaders and develop their knowledge about contemporary issues within the Latinx community. In addition, the conference strongly encourages Latino youth to pursue educational opportunities beyond high school. Participants attend workshops focusing on leadership, cultural arts, and college preparation. Students are assigned to groups hosted by SOU’s Latinx student ambassadors throughout the day’s events. We are expecting over 200 students this year.
What you need to know:
- The 2024 César E. Chávez Leadership Conference runs from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM on Friday, March 8, 2024 at Southern Oregon University
- The College and Career Fair runs from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
- The College and Career Fair is attended by all conference participants.
- The regular exhibitor registration fee is $100.00.
- Exhibitor registration is open until the week before the day of the conference, but to be listed in the CECLC program, registration must be completed by March 1, 2024.
Make check payable to “SOU Pre-College/Youth Programs” with memo listing: Cesar E. Chavez Leadership Conference for the amount of $100.00