Call for Proposals
The César E. Chávez Leadership Conference will be held on Friday, March 10, 2017 on the campus of Southern Oregon University. This event will provide a forum for Latino youth (grades 9 - 12) from seven local high schools to meet community leaders, take part in leadership and cultural workshops and learn about how to go to college.
We are hoping that our presenters will offer practical experience to help attendees increase their understanding, knowledge and skills in one of the particular strands of interest listed:
A. Leadership (The Legacy of César E. Chávez, Community Leadership, etc.)
B. College & Careers (Financial Aid, Scholarships, College prep., Admissions, etc.)
C. Culture, Identity and Arts (Poetry, Music, Art, theater, etc.)
D. Life Skills (financial planning, job skills, work/school/family life balance)
The goals of our sessions are to:
- Enhance the skills of participants and/or provide participants with useful tools
- Actively engage the audience in the session
- Reflect diverse perspectives by offering different viewpoints or including presenter(s) from different organizations (if more than one presenter).
What You Need to Know About Presenting at the Conference
- Session Length: Sessions are 45 minutes in length.
- There are 3 sessions available – one in the morning, two in the afternoon.
- Audio-Visual Equipment: Presenters are encouraged to bring their own computers with PowerPoint viewer software. LCD projectors and screens will be available upon request.
- Meals: Presenters will be provided with a complimentary lunch.
- Presenter Training (mandatory meeting) will be held on Date and time TBA.
Proposal Submission Process/Schedule:
- Please submit proposals by January 20, 2017. Use the link above to complete and submit a proposal.
- Notification by email of presentation confirmation by late February 2017.
- Session time and room confirmation by March 1, 2017.